If you want to add value to your Gold Coast home, you cannot look beyond a bathroom renovation. Similarly, a kitchen renovation can work wonders for your house price. These are two big-ticket rooms for buyers in the Queensland market. They need to be designed and built with both comfort and practicality in mind.
Plus, a bathroom and kitchen renovation can help you achieve the relaxed and lavish Gold Coast lifestyle that many people only dream about.
To help you plan and prepare, we have put together this ultimate guide to kitchen and bathroom renovations on the Gold Coast, Qld.
How to Prepare for a Bathroom Renovation or a Kitchen Renovation on the Gold Coast:
Planning does not have to be a complicated process. Here are some simple steps to follow when first planning your bathroom and kitchen renovation.
- Keep a list of features, fixtures and fittings that you like.
- Think about the current placement of plumbing, electrical outlets, lighting and windows.
- Take measurements of the room and think about how you can optimize space and storage.
- Consider the size and colour of tiling that best compliments the space.
- Get in touch with us for a free consultation.
What is Required for Bathroom and Kitchen Renovations on the Gold Coast?
Depending on the scale of your bathroom renovation, the Gold Coast Council might require you to attain a planning and/or plumbing permit. The same rules apply to kitchen renovations on the Gold Coast as well. However, in the majority of cases, only a building permit is required.
What a Bathroom Renovation Looks Like for the Typical Gold Coast Home:
Many people are keen to know what steps are involved in the actual building process. At CMR, we can provide all the services required for a complete renovation – from start till finish.
Here is a typical timeline for a bathroom renovation on the Gold Coast. The average kitchen renovation looks much the same.
- Strip out and demolition of unwanted elements (1-2 days)
- Structural work or repair of water damage (if needed)
- Plumbing rough-in (1-2 days. Longer if moving plumbing placement)
- Electrical rough-in (1-2 days. Can potentially be the same day as plumbing)
- Plasterer prepares floors and walls (2-5 days. Depends on drying time)
- Underfloor heating installed (optional)
- Waterproofing (1-2 days)
- Vanities, cupboards and shelves are installed (1-2 days)
- Skirtings and decorative finishes installed (1-2 days)
- Benchtops installed (1-2 days)
- Tiling is laid on floor and walls (3-5 days)
- Electrical fittings installed and finalised (1-2 days)
- Plumbing fittings installed and finalised (1-2 days)
- Accessories such as rails, hooks and shelves fitted and finalised (1-2 days)
- Cleaning and final tidy of cleaning materials (1-2 days)
- Caulking sealant applied to protect against leaking (1-2 days)
- Shower screens installed (1-2 days)
- Supervisor signs off to ensure the job is finalised and requirements are met (1 day)
How Long a Kitchen and Bathroom Renovation Takes on the Gold Coast?
On average, it takes about two to three weeks to complete a bathroom renovation in a Gold Coast home. Many of the steps in the above process overlap and may occur on the same day. However, this is just a general guide. Time frames vary, depending on several factors, including:
- the availability and shipping of materials and fittings
- the schedule and availability of the renovators that you hire
- the structural integrity of your current bathroom
- the complexity of the work
- the size of your bathroom
Kitchens tend to be larger than bathrooms and involve more cabinetry. On average, kitchen renovations on the Gold Coast tend to take around four to six weeks.
How Much Do Bathroom Renovators Charge on the Gold Coast?
No two homes are the same. Without a proper inspection, it is almost impossible for any bathroom renovators on the Gold Coast to provide you with a legitimate quote. But the total cost of a bathroom renovation can range anywhere from $10,000 to well over $25,000.
Similarly, the cost of a kitchen renovation on the Gold Coast can vary dramatically. Prices might begin at about $10,000 for a small kitchen, to more than $35,000 for a high-end kitchen.
Several factors might affect the cost of renovating your bathroom or kitchen:
- the complexity of designs that you want to integrate
- the fittings, features and appliances that you want to install
- the size of the room
- the amount of cabinetry you desire
- the materials used
If you would like to find out exactly how much your bathroom or kitchen renovation will cost, why not reach out to our local Gold Coast business. At CMR, we pride ourselves on our luxury home renovations and would love to provide you with a free consultation.
Comparing Bathroom and Kitchen Renovators on the Gold Coast:
There is no shortage of bathroom renovators on the Gold Coast. But they vary wildly in terms of experience, expertise, price, availability and cost. If you want to ensure that you are hiring a professional and highly experienced luxury renovation specialist, give us a call or send us an enquiry.
At CMR, our Gold Coast bathroom renovations earn 5-star reviews. Please have a look for yourself and see what our previous clients have said about our work.
Similarly, our Gold Coast kitchen renovations also earn 5-star reviews. We are repeatedly praised for our professionalism, quality of work, attention to detail and ability to stick to schedule and budget. We urge you to read our reviews and testimonials for yourself to see why CMR are your recommended builders.